Friday, December 2, 2011

The Best LA Fitness in the San Diego Area!

The Encinitas CA LA Fitness is one of the best gyms in San Diego County and this is coming from a guy who’s been going to various gyms for a while.  People here actually know how to play racquet ball which means that the courts can become very, very aggressive.  I’d even go so far as to say they have an addictive aspect to them.  I like team sports a lot more than mindless fitness drills so this gym gets even MORE brownie points with me because the competition is always very intense nd there are 2 nearly full sized courts to keep the play going strong for hours.  I’ve seen more than one well-known college player on the boards here and it makes you want to push that much harder to show what you’ve got. 

Men will appreciate the fact that the women that come here are really good looking North Country San Diego types who like to keep in shape.  You can pretty much tell that they are showing off that hot body when they mount the stairmaster machines.  Not a problem with me!  The only people I have a problem with here are the strange old guys.  Seriously weird.  They dress in ways that shouldn’t even be allowed anymore and I’ve seen more than one drooling on himself while working out on a stationary bike.  I feel kinda bad though when I think like that.  At least they are there trying to stay in shape instead of just deciding to check out and die like a lot of older people do. 

One major downside to working out at this LA Fitness is the fact that the big wigs at headquarters have not replaced the machines in ages and they’re really beginning to show their wear.  Usually it’s not an issue, but enough stuff is broken down to notice during peak hours.  At least the people are nice and will let you work in with them if things are crazy busy. I’ve noticed that the staff is very nice and the personal trainers seem to enjoy their job and are working consistently instead of sitting around doing nothing…which would imply that nobody likes them or want their services.

I’d also like to see a little more enforced discipline coming from the staff…like enforcing proper street attire and making people use a towel to wipe the sweat off the machines.  They also shouldn’t allow the second basketball court to be taken up by HS volleyball most of the year.  I know it’s a pain to put up and take down but that court sits unused a lot when others could take advantage of it if the net was put up and taken down at the proper time.  Also, be sure to avoid the locker room at all costs.  They are not well maintained and it’s likely that you’ll come across stuff in there that will make your skin crawl and force you to choke back a little bit of puke.  Also, there’s a pool here but I’d never go in it. I have doubts about how well the water is maintained in light of how the locker rooms are kept up.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm looking for greater fitness gym because I want to be fitter and this is good for my health. I guess this Encinitas CA LA Fitness is the exact gym for me. I will invite my friends here and we will try their service. Keep sharing!.

    new york fitness club

    ReplyDelete